Dr. Fan Liang
Dr. Liang had both industry working experience and research efforts in Internet of Things, cyber security, and networking areas. His research interests include effective and secure Deep Learning-Driven data analytics in IoT Systems, distributed computing in IoT, and data analysis. In addition, his research also related to IoT search engines and data trading. Based on the research interests, he has published more than 20 publications, which include book chapters, top journal papers, and conference papers in the last 5 years. In addition, his work successfully wins NSF and NIST funding during the Ph.D.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Northwestern Polytech University, Xi’an, China, 2005
- Master's in Computer Engineering, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 2015
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Towson University, 2021
- Internet of Things
- Design and implement Deep Learning model in big data driven systems
- Distributed Computing in IoT
- Wireless Sensor Network
- 2021-present, Assistant Professor, Sam Houston State University
- 2017-2021, Adjunct Instructor, Towson University
- 2015-2016, Cyber Risk Consultant, Deloitte & Touch, LLP
- 2014-2015, Software Project Manager, Delphi Automotive
Honors and Awards
- Awarded best Ph.D. students in Towson University, 2019.<\li>
- Full scholarship: Ph.D. in Computer Science from Computer Science Department, Towson University, US.<\li>
- Full scholarship: Master of Science in Computing Systems Engineering from University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, US.<\li>
- Liang, Fan and Yu, Wei and Liu, Xing and Griffith, David and Golmie, Nada, “Towards edge-based deep learning in industrial Internet of Things”, in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2020.
- Fan Liang, Austin Yu, William G. Hatcher, Wei Yu, and Chao Lu, “Deep Learning-Based Power Usage Forecast Modeling and Evaluation”, in the 9th Annual International Conference of Information and Communication Technology, 2019.
- Fan Liang, WG Hatcher, Guobin Xu, J Nguyen, Weixian Liao, Wei Yu, “Towards Online Deep Learning-Based Energy Forecasting”, in 28th International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks, 2019.
- Fan Liang, Cheng Qiang, WG Hatcher, Wei Yu, “Search Engine for the Internet of Things: Lessons From Web Search, Vision, and Opportunities”, in IEEE Access 7 104673-104691 2019.
- Fan Liang, WG Hatcher, Weixian Liao, Weichao Gao, Wei Yu, “Machine Learning for Security and the Internet of Things: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly”, in IEEE Access 2019.
- Fan Liang, James Nguyen, Weichao Gao, William G. Hatcher, and Wei Yu, “Towards UAV Assisted Multi-Path Data Streaming in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks”, in Proceedings of International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), March 2018.
- Fan Liang, Wei Yu, Dou An, Qingyu Yang, Xinwen Fu, Wei Zhao, “A Survey on Big Data Market: Pricing, Trading and Protection”, in IEEE Access 6 15132-15154 2018.
- Wei Yu, Fan Liang, Xiaofei He, William Grant Hatcher, Chao Lu, Jie Lin, Xinyu Yang, “A survey on edge computing for the Internet of Things”, in IEEE Access 6 6900-6919 2018.
- Hansong Xu, Fan Liang, Wei Yu, “Internet of Things: Architecture, Key Applications, and Security Impacts”, in Encyclopedia of Wireless Networks 2019.