Dr. Cihan Varol
Dr.Varol is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Sam Houston State University. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from Firat University, Elazig, Turkey in 2002, Master of Science degree from Lane Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA in 2005, and Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Computing from University of Arkansas at Little Rock in 2009.
His studies have led to more than 80 peer-reviewed journal and conference publications and two book chapters. He has been an external reviewer for numerous prestigious journals, including IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE TASE), ACM Journal of Data and Information Quality (ACM JDIQ), and Elsevier Expert Systems with Applications. He serves as a co-chair for the International Symposium on Digital Forensics and Security (ISDFS) events. Also, he is currently the subgroup chair in IEEE’s P2834 – Secure and Trusted Learning Systems project, in which the group is creating security and digital forensic readiness standard for Learning Management Systems.
- Ph.D., University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Information (data) quality and its applications on Digital Forensics and Information Security
- Personal identity recognition
- Record linkage
- Entity resolution
- Pattern matching techniques
- Natural language processing
- Multi-platform VoIP applications
- Data cleansing of VoIP artifacts and web storage data